My dear (former) students,
You can now follow my new blog there:
See you there!
Monday, 20 May 2013
Although when you are about to take exams, it is not such an easy task!
If you don't mind my sharing my personal experience with you, here are a few pieces of advice to take it easy & succeed:
On the evening before the day of the exam
- Do some sport (a little run, a fitness session, some biking etc). This will make you tired & you will manage a good night's sleep.
- For dinner, have some pasta, rice or couscous (this will help you to sleep & the energy will be slowly released into your body overnight)
- Before going to bed, go over your notes ONE LAST TIME (your brain will stock all the information in order overnight)
On the day of the exam
- Try some breathing exercises (breathe in & out deeply; close your eyes & smile)
- DO NOT go over your notes again, you might get confused & mix all the information
- Bring some healthy snacks such as dried fruits, bananas, chocolate & a bottle of water (especially if it is a speaking exam: your mouth might get dry because of stress)
- Put on some nice comfy clothes that make you proud of your appearance (you are likelier to succeed if you have good self-esteem because you will look more confident)
- Don't forget some pens, your ID & your notification + A WATCH (no phone)
Here is a very interesting blog that focuses on tips to take an exam stresslessly & pass it easily!
Thursday, 16 May 2013
This video was sent to me by one of my students as he thought it was a good way to reflect on today's society & might illustrate our unit on the influence of counter power movements:
Terminales/ Is the voice of the people growing in influence?
I find this video meaningful although I am not promoting revolution or rebellion & nothing that would involve violence because I do not believe it's an effective means to make yourself heard.
This video was probably made by an anti-corporate greed activist or organization and it may illustrate the way some people feel, confronted to today's society.
I think it is a complicated issue & you have to decide for yourself.
Thank you A*** for sharing this document.
Sunday, 12 May 2013
Saturday, 11 May 2013
Friday, 3 May 2013
Wednesday, 1 May 2013
Mine was quiet & peaceful with some coffee...
And some school planning with dim light (thunderstorm outside...)
And some house-decorating with a friend's artwork...
Oh & a little present to keep you busy with some really nice (to my mind) music: